- Choose engaging images of tourism sites and attractions
- Only submit hi-resolution images, which are 300 dpi and 6x9 or larger in size
- Label all images with name of attraction, city and state, date of image and photo credit
- Example: City_County_Attraction_October2018_PhotoCredit (if applicable)
- Submit no more than 10 images to Jill Kilgore at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting What’s New
Please submit all new attractions, locally-owned restaurants, hotels, festivals and events, outdoor recreation developments such as new hiking and biking trails, and special milestone events like an anniversary commemoration. As an example: The 100th Celebration of the MoonPie. The following information should be provided for all What’s New submissions:
- Name of Attraction
- Date of opening
- A brief paragraph describing the attraction or event
- Link to website and social handles
Partner PR Tips
The TDTD PR team is dedicated to spreading the news about tourism in Tennessee to the international, national, regional, and local media and across all channels – traditional, broadcast and social.
The more information and lead time we have, the more opportunities there are for coverage in traditional media (print, broadcast, television) and non-traditional (bloggers, social media channels).
Here are a few insights and guidelines you can use to ensure you maximize TDTD’s PR Services.
- Send Press Releases
- Share what’s new and going on in your area
- Send us your latest news features and articles
- Play a part in helping us host a Media FAM in your area
See how we can help you promote your event or announcement. The sooner you submit information to Public Relations Manager Jill Kilgore (Jill.email@example.com) and Communications Specialist Mary Katelyn Price (Marykatelyn.Price@tn.gov), the more we will be able to benefit you such as:
- Publishing your release to our press site
- Sharing your news on our industry socials
- Potential inclusion in upcoming themed releases, quarterly what’s new releases and pitches to media
Sign up for our industry newsletter and follow us on our industry social channels. Here you can receive the latest news on campaigns, content call outs and what TDTD is doing to get your destination featured in the news.
Be sure to follow us on all social channels to get a sense of what we share and how we share it, so you can craft your information to get the highest engagement possible and don’t forget to use #madeintn.
Stay in Contact
Send the PR Team your press releases, events, special announcements, awards, and news related to tourism. We're always accepting quality images, festival and event information/dates, and story ideas for future Tennessee Vacation Guides. We’re here to support your PR initiatives and spread the word.